Monday, September 30, 2013

Welcome to the 70's?

When I lived in Buffalo, my friend Heather introduced me to HGTV.  At the time, I didn't appreciate how potentially addictive this channel can be.  During my maternity leave, HGTV provided a backdrop to the sizable amount of time I spent on the couch feeding Leon.  Decorating isn't something that really comes easily for me, but I would like to think that I am a work in progress.  I've tried to apply a little of what I have learned to my house.


Through my "decorating studies," I discovered my style actually has a name... "rustic chic."


Using the tricks of the trade, I enjoyed hunting for bargains online, at flea markets, and local shops.  But, I won't lie... a couple of the purchases were a total bust... for instance, the 70% off throw rug that I had to send back after it didn't quite come as pictured below.


The advertised "tera brown" color scheme arrived looking more like the 1970's had puked all over it... complete with lime green accents against a convict-orange back drop.



However, I would like to think at least a couple decorating wins can be found in the mix (if you can ignore the smattering of baby toys).




No comments:

Post a Comment